Immigration for Colleges and Universities
No matter your size, location, or renown, your goal is to hire and retain the most qualified individuals to provide the highest quality of instruction to your students and stakeholders. We facilitate that goal by dedicating our team to your full life-cycle of hiring needs, from the initial hire and non-immigrant visa, through immigrant (permanent) options, including employer-sponsored and self-sponsored processes.
We help institutions secure the top-tier talent they need, and keep them.
Goldblum & Pollins is authorized immigration counsel for more than 20 colleges and universities, from Ivy League institutions to research powerhouses and regional universities, including the University of Pennsylvania, University of Delaware, Drexel University, Temple University, and the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education, among others. We are widely recognized as one of the nation’s best with respect to the advantageous Special Recruitment permanent residence process for college and university faculty, as well as EB-1B Petitions for Outstanding Professors and Researchers. In addition, we provide comprehensive case management services to our higher education clients, including managing status expiration dates for all foreign national employees, and managing filing deadlines for new and existing hires.
BENEFITS OF HIRING GOLDBLUM & POLLINS:
- Creative and strategic solutions so you can hire the talent you need.
- Personal attention from our dedicated University team.
- Free consultations to students and staff members.
- Unlimited consultation and advice via telephone and email.
- Visits to campus for seminars, training, and individual consultations, for your International Office and Human Resources Professionals, Department Chairs, international Faculty Members, and international Students.
- Customized case status reports on request.
- Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) Certification from the WBENC meeting your Supplier Diversity requirements.
COMMON CASES AND SERVICES:
- Temporary employment visas for faculty and staff (H-1B, TN, E-3, O-1) and consultation regarding F-1 Optional Practical Training.
- Employer-sponsored permanent residence, including the beneficial “Special Recruitment” process for teaching positions and EB-1B Outstanding Professor/Researcher Petitions.
- Self-sponsored permanent residence, including EB-1A Extraordinary Ability and EB-2 National Interest Waiver petitions.
- Worksite Compliance: Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9 and E-Verify) Training, Audits, and Consultations.
- Assistance with advisory opinions or waivers of Exchange Visitor (J) Two-Year Home Residence Requirement to secure H-1B or Lawful Permanent Resident status.